Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Today in Geek History

Howdy out there in blog land. Did you have a happy Christmas vacation? I don't think mine was quite good enough. I'm pretty sure the Grinch snuck into my house the other day and stole my voice too. If you find it, let me know. I'd really like to have it back.

Today is December 27th and today in Geek History...

Geeky Birthdays!!! Kepler in 1571, Bernoulli in 1654 and Pasteur in 1822. If today is not your birthday...no pressure. Your mother thinks you're special.

1831 Charles Darwin embarks on his voyage aboard HMS Beagle, where he will begin formulating his theory of evolution.

1922 Hosho is commissioned, becoming the first purpose-built aircraft carrier in the world.

1968 Apollo 8 splashes down in the Pacific, ending the first manned mission to orbit the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment