Monday, May 7, 2012

Today in Geek History

Hey guys. It's my birthday. Yay for me. 


Today is May 7th and today in Geek History...

1931 Gene Wolfe, author of The Book of the New Sun, The Soldier Series and the one that helped to invent the machine that makes Pringles is born today. Yay Pringles.

1967 Ralph Baer tests his simple block chase game on a standard TV for the first time. This is the first video game known to man.

1977 The first episode of Quark (not DS9, the American sci-fi comedy) starring Richard Benjamin ares on NBC

1980-something Yours truly is born today. I didn't give my exact date of birth on purpose. It's not that I'm scared of my age, I'm just paranoid about identity theft.

Guy Williams, best known in Zorro and Lost in Space's Dr John Robinson, is found dead from a brain aneurysm at age 65.

1997 The Fifth Element is released. It stars Bruce Willis, and Mila Jovovich.

2010 W00tstock 2.0 is held in Seattle. This provides geekly entertainment to the audience.


1 comment: