Monday, May 28, 2012

Thin Mint Sugar Cookies

Hey guys, I thought I would post something a little different this time. I hope you like it.

My sister has a blog that I have mentioned before called Measured by the Heart. She posted a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with an Oreo in the middle. You can find that here. I have been wanting to try that for a while, but I never got the Oreos that I needed. One day, I got a couple of girl scouts knocking on my door from the nearby high school. After ordering a half dozen boxes of Thin Mints, (yes I'm addicted), I had an idea. What if I used a sugar cookie, and put one of my beloved Thin Mints in the middle?

Well, I went on google to see if anyone had done this kind of this before. No one had done what I suggested before. I did find a few recipes, and found some that were worth it. But they called for over a box and a half of thin mints. I can't give that much up!! They're expensive and addicting, and they are so mine! So I decided to try my sister's recipe with sugar cookies and Thin Mints. Why not right?


So I went to allrecipes.com, found a basic sugar cookie recipe, and following a page out of mys sister's playbook, I baked them in a cupcake tin I borrowed from my neighbor. (Note to self: Ask for a cupcake tin for Christmas). A recipe for 36 cookies made the 12 slot tin, with a little leftover that my husband ate (no cookies for him I guess).



Scoop some cookie dough, add a cookie, and top with more dough. That's all there is to it. Now, I had no idea how to cook this, so I turned on my oven at 350 F for 10 minutes. FYI: My oven runs hot, so you might want to adjust temperature or cooking time. Basically until the cookie is golden brown. They were good, but they weren't great. It was soft cookie and a slight crunch of the thin mint. The thin mint never melted though, and that was a thing, so... Maybe next time, I will place the thin mint on top instead of sandwiching it in between. I would have also cooked it for a few minutes longer, and if I was going to sandwich it again, I would double up the thin mints.



I hope you have enjoyed this little moment. Let me know if this works for you okay? Maybe you will like it more than I did. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment