Monday, May 11, 2009

House Wives Anonymous?

Okay so don't get me wrong. I'm a house wife, and I don't want to go out and get a job. It's just that I'm home alone 90% of my waking day with only my son. I am responsible for cleaning, cooking, and laundry of 5 people, 4 of which are adults. It's a lot to handle. Here's my waking day:

I wake up via my baby crying between 8-9 on a good day. Sometimes he wakes up at 6 and doesn't go back to bed. After getting him breakfast and a diaper, my friend, David, wakes up from Sleeping on my couch. I get him something to eat and talk with him for a while during which I check my email and voice mail (both on my compy). At about 10 I finally get the chance to get breakfast and I attempt to do so while my son, who (if he hasn't been let down from his high chair by now), is crying to be let down. The minute I let him down, he's either going to get into something he shouldn't or (regardless it seems of how full he is) come to me and beg for my food. By this time David has left to go find work, and Xavier is cuddled up to me watching Elmo Potty Time on the laptop. After about 4 or 5 repeats, he gets bored and goes off to play or be put down for his nap. Nap is usually between 10-1, and I get two hours of peace and quite. This of course is spent cleaning what I can and taking a shower, which I don't usually get every week. (Grose huh?) I clean what I can while running back and forth doing laundry, etc.  Xavier usually wakes up too quickly, screaming and hollaring, where he immediatly requires lunch for the second time. A diaper, and Paul (my husband) is home by 4. Tues & Thurs, he goes to school from 5-10 depending on the Professor's mood. Wed & Fri, he goes to a plasma center to donate in the attempt to supplement our income. He attempts to give me a break on Mondays, but most the time he spends it doing homework for tomorrows class.  Wake up the next day and repeat.

Now that's a hard week. Usually people are too busy to help out which I understand, but come on. That's why I believe there should be a "House Wives Anoymous" program for people with young children at home. I don't know about ohter house wives, but while I'm at home, I haven't had the time to go out find friends. They need a place where they can go and vent. Talk about why husbands don't seem to help out around the house as much as we would all like them to. Or about their kids, their development, make play dates for them, and just get the chance to get out of the house. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment