Sunday, July 15, 2012

Farmer's Market

Hey guys. Check out my Facebook page for some important updates about the blog.

So for this week's post I was thinking about the farmer's market I went to on Thursday. I was so upset. First, it was less farmer, and more market. Since when did fuzzy flip flops dominate produce?! Second, I went there specifically for berries, and no one had them. I walked around for more than an hour just to find out that I could have got some right away if only I knew how to speak Spanish. Grrr!

I did get some pretty good veggies. But the problem is, all of what I got was just common, regular Utah produce overflow. Like zucchini. Utah is so infamous for zucchini, there's even a joke about it. (Too long to post it here, but I will post it on the blogs's Facebook page on Monday). I decided that I wasn't going to just make the same old...well, crap. The same snacks, stir fries, salads, BORING!!

So, I am going to make a new recipe every day this week, and post them every Sunday for you to enjoy. I bet that sounds great right?

Okay, so let's start with the list of what came home with me today (in no particular order):


  1. Lemons
  2. Limes
  3. Green Zucchini
  4. Yellow Zucchini
  5. Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
  6. Apricots
  7. Bulbs of Garlic
  8. Corn
I was going to allow you to vote for what I'm going to use first, but since the items were picked fresh at a farmer's market, I used Random.org to select one from the list. The lucky number is...6! Okay so for tomorrow/today's meal, (it's past midnight), I'm making something with Apricots. I'll make sure to post plenty of pictures. This posting may not run until next week, but it'll give you something to look forward too. Have a great day folks!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till she posts the recipes. They were all delicious, especially the one we ate too fast for her to get a pic of, lol.

    ReplyDelete