Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green River Fun

In the spirit of Saint Patties' Day, I thought I'd share this fun tradition.

A few years back I saw a piece on the news about a Chicago Saint Patrick's Day tradition. They drive a boat down the Chicago river and dump in echo-friendly green dye. How cool is that? While researching this post, I came across a website dedicated to the entire event. At the Green Chicago River website, you can see the entire thing go down. Unfortunately, the event is already over for this year, but they have a lot of cool photos and a video. Gotta love the videos. Check out this one of them dumping in the dye. OOO! It's SO green.


So, do me a favor and check it out. If you have any of your own Saint Patties' Day photos to share, let me know. I can get them here for the world to see. Or at least the world beyond Facebook.

Sorry about the short post. I promise longer ones in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment